A New Chapter for Ashtanga Yoga Dublin
Behind the scenes over the last year, we have been working hard on a complete rebrand for Ashtanga Yoga Dublin, and we are now very happy to announce the launch of our new name and website.
We wanted a name that would bring together both Yoga and Ayurveda and communicate both as a way of life. And so, we welcome you to…
This name represents the essence of who we are and what we do, so click the button below to go to our new website, where you will find that we are still doing everything we used to but much more as well. Just click the button!
Online Heart Of Yoga Course 2020/21
The Heart of Yoga Course is a 6-weekend intensive course in the practice and philosophy of Yoga. The aim of Heart of Yoga is to help students to fully understand what yoga is, what its origins are, and what it can do for them.
We will learn that Yoga was developed in India many thousands of years ago as a practical way of bringing about four key conditions, which the ancient wisdom scripture, the Vedas, stated were the birth-right of every human being. It said that:
‘Everyone should be happy; everyone should be healthy; everyone should understand themselves and know how to reach their fullest potential as human beings; and all suffering should come to an end.’
The ancient practitioners of Yoga realised that to do this, we need to optimise all aspects of ourselves; physically, emotionally and intellectually. They developed a complete system, the eight branches of Yoga, to create physical health, emotional balance and intellectual clarity.
On the Heart of Yoga Course, we explore these 8 branches of Yoga, grouping them into 4 areas of practice:
- postures to strengthen and keep the body healthy
- breathing techniques to balance the nervous system and emotions
- meditation practices to relieve stress and calm the mind
- lifestyle and nutrition to support these practices
Alongside this, we will explore specific sections of the key yoga texts that explain why and exactly how we should do the practices, and what results we can expect, as well as looking at how to integrate Ayurvedic principles of lifestyle and diet into our daily life.
Everyone is different, so Yoga is not a ‘one size fits all’ system but must be tailored to the individual. It is vital to understand which techniques we should practice and why, how and when we should do so, if we are to get to experience the Heart of Yoga. So, if you would like to deepen your practice, to really understand what Yoga is and how to get the greatest benefit from it, then join us on this course.
The course runs over six weekends and all the dates and details are on the page below. Have a look and call us if you need more information or have any questions at all.
For a more detailed introduction to the course, its origins and aims, please read Heart of Yoga Course – who is it suitable for.
Heart of Yoga – Applying for the Course
To apply for a place on the Heart of Yoga Course please complete, scan or photograph the Application Form and return it to us by email. You can also contact us on 087 2376383.
1. The Course Fee is €1495, payable in full as soon as a place is offered. Please take note that the fee is Non-transferable and Non-refundable.
Payment should be made directly by SEPA Transfer to:
Dates of Heart of Yoga Weekends
|Weekend 1||February 2021||6th / 7th|
|Weekend 2||March 2021||13th / 14th|
|Weekend 3||May 2021||29th / 30th|
|Weekend 4||July 2021||3rd / 4th|
|Weekend 5||September 2021||11th / 12th|
|Weekend 6||October 2021||23rd / 24th|
General Format of Heart of Yoga Weekends
- 07.00 – 08.45: Asana and Pranayama Practice
- 09.00 – 10.30: Philosophy
- 12.00 – 13.30: Principles of Ayurveda
- 07.00 – 08.45: Asana Techniques
- 09.00 – 10.30: Meditation and Relaxation
- 12.00 – 13.30: Chanting and Discussion
Conditions of Participation in the Heart of Yoga Course
- Students sign Application Form and accept the conditions set out here.
- Important: The course fee is non-transferable (either to another person or another course/year) and non-refundable, except in the case of cancellation by organisers.
- Once the fee is paid, there can be no refunds of all or any of the fee, whether or not a student completes the course.
Use the buttons below to get in touch, buy a class card or book a workshop. Contact Us Buy Class Card Book a Workshop