2020 Summer Yoga Retreat in the Algarve
Dates: Arrive: Friday July 17th; Retreat: Saturday 18th July – Thursday 23rd July; Depart: Friday 24th July, 2020
Breakfast in the Shade
Take a nurturing, rejuvenating yoga holiday in the fabulous Algarve next July. Join us in Quinta Mimosa, in a beautiful area near Vale de Lobo and Loule, just a short taxi ride from Faro Airport, for our 9th Annual Summer Yoga Retreat. Practice in the idyllic surroundings of the retreat centre; enjoy locally-sourced, home-cooked vegetarian food throughout your stay; choose from a variety of afternoon activities:
- Explore the wonderful local beaches
- Take a boat trip to see the remarkable caves, coves and rock formations of the Algarve coastline
- Swim with the dolphins at Zoomarine, the Ocean Life Conservation and Theme Park at Albufeira
- Or simply relax by the pool at the centre
For more information about Quinta Mimosa and the local area please click here for the Quinta Mimosa Website
Beautiful Algarve Towns
- Accommodation is usually sharing in twin room with en suite bathroom.
- A very small number of single occupancy rooms are available and are allocated strictly on first come first served basis. Please note there is a €350 supplement payable for these.
- There is also one twin room without en suite and 2 twin dorm-style accommodations available. These three rooms share a larger bathroom, with 2 showers etc and are available at a reduced rate.
Programme and Daily Schedule
Friday 17th July
Arrive in time for evening meal at around 19.00.
Saturday 18th July – Thursday 23rd July
06:30 – 09:30: Morning Practice followed by Brunch at 10:00
- Theme for the day
- Short Meditation
- Asana(postures) and Pranayama(breathing techniques practice
(In these classes each student is taught individually, allowing them to develop their practice at a pace suitable for them and with any appropriate modifications. This allows beginners and more experienced students to practice side by side and both get the guidance they need and at the right level.)
20:00 – 21:15: Evening Practice
This will include:
- A short talk on Yoga
- Deep relaxation
Between Brunch and dinner is your time for yourself. Rest, relax by the pool or explore the beauty of the Algarve coast and hills.
Friday 24th July
Depart between 09:00 and 09:30. Please note that no brunch is provided on this day.
- Total cost: €865pps (single €1215) per week. Includes all yoga classes, accommodation, 7 Dinners and 6 Brunches, use of the swimming pools and other facilities.
- A deposit of €465 is required to secure a place.
- Balance of €400 payable by 20th April 2020 (10 weeks before Retreat).
- After 20th April 2020, payment of Full Fee required with booking.
NOTA BENE: Terms And Conditions – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING
- Before 20th April 2020: Refund possible, less Administrative Fee of €50.
- After 20th April 2020: Once full fee has been paid, a refund is possible only in the case that the place is taken up by someone else. Again Admin Fee of €50 will be deducted.
(2) Regarding Quinta Mimosa Retreat Centre
- Quinta Mimosa is an alcohol and smoking free zone
- Use of pools one agrees to abide by Quinta Mimosa’s pool regulations.
(3) I have read and understood the above T’s & C’s.
- By booking a place on this retreat, paying a deposit or paying the full fee, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions outlined above and that I accept these in full.
Bookings and Payment
Please make direct electronic transfer payments to:
David Collins and Paula Herbert
T/A Ashtanga Yoga Dublin
Use the button below to send us a mail.
Contact Ashtanga Yoga
We advise everyone to have Travel Insurance to cover them for the eventuality that they do have to cancel.
Please note that the retreat price does not include any travel. From Faro airport, you can take a local taxi directly to the yoga centre – it is a short drive, or depending on your arrival time, the centre can organise a driver to collect you if there are a number of students arriving around the same time – this will be a cheaper option.
If you would like to explore the area, we recommend a Hire Car to give you the freedom to get the most out of your time in the beautiful Algarve. It is easy to drive there and there are wonderful resorts and attractions all within a short drive of the Yoga Retreat Centre.